Tips for Countering Hindustani Camel and HC Combination Using Lithuanians

• This topic has 18 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by UAForever21.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

How can novices and those lacking Onager micro skills combat the Camel/HC combination of Hindustanis when playing against Lithuanians?

In a 2v2 match where Hindustanis had sufficient gold resources, attempts to raid their trade proved futile as their trade routes were fortified with castles and a unique trade building.

Andrew-Smith137

Pretty bad civ matchup and even worse if you let hindustani hit imp and boom.

Halbs and cav archers probably.

Throw some leitis in if he try’s to tech switch to ghulams

UAForever21

I think rn as it is Hindustanis are an annoying civ and hard counter many Civs which aren’t strong infantry ones.

If you put some good pressure on your opponent from feudal as either scouts or archers, maybe scouts cause of the +150 food, you might delay him reaching his Deathball HCs + Imp Camels.

Even going crossbows in Castle is viable ig

Because at that point it is practically very hard to stop it.

It’s just like how stopping a fully readied Goth imp push is almost impossible (though it doesn’t really work at higher ELO lmao)

white_equatorial

Doesn’t just trash + bbc work?

They get bracer and extra armour from UT.

Plus being faster means the halbs can run away from the HC, even if they have more range

the_general_ike

Don’t let them get to that comp

KingoftheHill1987

Your best bet is probably halbs + X bows, provided you mix in a couple rams.

You can even throw some crappy light cav in if you are floating food.

Put the halbs in the rams, move the rams to attack the HC, keeping LC behind the rams, so they have to micro the HC or they do 1 damage to the rams due to auto-targeting.

Use the halbs to beat the camels when they intercept.

He cant micro the camels and the HC at the same time.

If the camels die/back off the LC and Xbows can kill the HC and the halbs go back into the rams

If the HC dont get microed they will do nothing, shooting rams and you will only lose pikes + LC in a post-imp scenario.

Xbows are also much better against camels than Paladins as Imperial Camels have much less attack, and pierce armour than paladins, so they go down faster to even generic Xbows and take longer to kill them.

If he mixes in Ghulams he is doing 3 gold units and should die to raiding from LC hitting gold.

If he mixes in pikes, they die to Xbows.

If he mixes in skirms they die to LC

wiseakbar

Frankly I do imperial camels +HC+Bc for the ultimate death combo.

There can be multiple recommendations with this:

The key is to either attack first and not let hindustanis build up to post imperial.

Make sure you’re set to spam halbadiers on and on again.

Everything in the combo is gold intensive.

If you’re in post imp.

Try to kill the trade or the market (and some eco) – avoid the army just go for it.

Hindustanis are just not very good without gold.

Can easily be beaten since they have no arablest or halbadier.

Micro if you can.

Avoid HC when using halbadiers and go for camels.

For HC you can try and kill them with hussars+skirms. (I prefer hussar but maybe skirms are a better counter, for me speed matters in micro so I prefer hussar)
    You have a chance with trash units if you micro well.

Anarch33

Early castle you can probably justify a build order that drops a castle the second you enter the age for leitis and then securing at least two relics; you’ll wreck the camels but youd need to get a push going because heavy camel and some pikes will shut it down

DamascanSilverCamel

Leitis ignore armor and camel base stats are bad so you use that.

Add the skirms with imp tech.

All upgrades in and a min 2-3 relics the camels will die and skirms will take HC down.

​

Not easy but ur most likely chance of pulling a comeback.

leftofthebellcurve

wouldn’t leitis and skirms counter this?

​

Lith get bonus armor on skirms, which would counter the HC.

I thought leitis with a relic or two beat camels?

Maybe not imp camels, but I could also be way off.

Blocklies

HC/HCA hussar might work, camels get shreded by ranged units and the hussars are anti gunpowder meatshields.

Koala_eiO

Paladins or leiciai + halbs.

Scoo_By

Elite skirms with UT and halbs I guess.

Leitis plus trash should work too imo.

zer0_rich17

i feel like the players have become so good that once tehe enemy reach this combo it will get tough to beat, had the same with elephant archers and helbs the other day.

attack them before a “deathball civ” can do its thing

the worst civ is the gurjaras

apart from that – try helbs and skirms and Cav Archers and Bombard Tower slow push

Urc0mp

Before imp knight+pike still pretty good in the matchup but I think in imp all things equal that is pry a civ win for Hindustani.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader