The NAC4 Tournament Brings Me the Most Enjoyment in a Year

• This topic has 23 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Brownhouse71.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I have been following Aoe2 tournaments since 2016, and this recent one has been the most enjoyable I have experienced in at least a year.

Three main factors contribute to this:
    1) The classic Aoe2 gameplay is fantastic, with mixed maps and a high level of play.
    2) The LAN atmosphere is informal and friendly, with lots of banter between players and casters.
    3) The production is top-notch, with excellent casting and just the right amount of memes and jokes to keep things lively.

Overall, this tournament has been the most fun I’ve had since NAC3, although other events have also been enjoyable in the meantime.

Manovsteele

I agree with you in general about it being hugely fun, but on your first point it is a 9-vill start with a data mod to adjust vision/starting res, so it’s definitely a ‘special mode’.

Brownhouse71

9 vill start isn’t peak aoe2, but I do like the tourney

Electronic_Still_365

No Memb no fun

Opposite_Heron_5579

100% agree, although I find TTL on the same level regarding casting and quality of play.

Artudytv

And Mario Ovalle has been spectacular.

Sí o no, parceros?

crusify_me

This whole tourney so far has been a banger.

The production level and just overall level of entertainment has been awesome.

Some things I’ve loved:

a) That Hera + Liereyy cast when Nicov played ACCM was entertaining as hell.

Just boys being boys, light trolling, hilarious reactions, the Where’s Waldo was entertaining as hell too.

They even managed to get Nicov all riled up in the postgame interview.

b) The minigames in between matches were just right, not too long, just the right amount of time to be entertaining.

c) Loved that they switched up the casters for each match and they had players casting too.

I like that Nili is taking mostly a backseat and letting the talent showcase themselves (both the players and the casters).

He’s making this tourney more about the players and Age of Empires than himself.

d) Love that all donations are going to players and Nili said he’s just looking to break even.

You don’t do this unless you love Age of Empires.

If he doesn’t break even I hope all players can chip in a part of the donations’ portion to Nili.

TheVermontsterr

This has been the best tournament of a game I’ve seen, so chill and good competition

Default_Username2774

Needs more onsite memb

Stryker7200

This is a great event.

Production quality is great, casters are great, and while I love RB, this is just as fun with the great activity breaks and the players interacting etc.

awesome event and I hope Nili can keep it going on the future

superjan4

Fantastic games, casting, vibes and hype!

If I must critique, I would love to see less water in the map pool.

Leasir

100% agreed on all the points.

RBW was incredible but this one has got a more down to the ground flair which feels so much relaxed and the players seem to be having a lot more fun too.

Wall_Marx

Definetly a pleasure to watch, the improvised new casting duos are so fun !

draft_animal

Where would one watch replays of these?

FantasticNeoplastic

Best event since NAC3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader