The AOE 2 Career Slam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

When we compare AOE 2 to other sports like tennis and golf, we can see that it has its own version of major tournaments with higher cash prizes and the best competitors.

These are the S-tier tournaments, with the top four being Hidden Cup, NAC, KOTD, and RBW.

Looking at the winners of these tournaments, it’s clear that Viper has the most major wins with a career slam achieved.

Liereyy has won three majors, while Hera, Daut, Yo, and Tatoh have all won one.

It’s interesting to note that there has been limited diversity in the winners, with only six different players winning across the 18 tournaments since 2017.

While there are other S-tier tournaments, the chosen four are considered the most iconic.

Aeliasson

Pretty sure KOTD 4 happened after RBW 5

Narcochist

I thought we were gonna talk about my boy Slam

boxersaint

Slam just got juked.

Fs in reply for Slam.

Beneficial-Salt-8273

This feels like cherry picking.

I mean this is not tennis… I mean who plays tennis anyhow?

PressureOk2238

Thus makes no sense.

You ignored other s tier tournaments and made the title about slam but no slam in it.

Epic fail.

Memb disaster.

Titanic!!!!

point_of_difference

Considering current rankings should only go back for the last 12 months does this make Hera currently the Number 1 player?

LS_77

It doesn’t feel right to exclude recent 100k tournaments like TGM but include KOTD1 for example which was almost 6 years ago and had a prize pool of 4k.

Snizl

We need more posts about Slam_

Xaendrik

Maybe make a post talking about vipers career if you’re gonna do that😂

GooninSinceDayOne

I love the tennis / golf comparisons as a fun exercise (and I think you picked the best tournaments as “majors”) but it’s definitely tough to really compare these sports from a tournament perspective just because the AOE2 esports scene has heated up so dramatically in the last 2-5 years (leading to brand new tourneys like TGM), whereas the tennis and golf majors have been set in stone for 25+ years.

I’m intrigued to see whether we get TGM2 or Warlords 2, because if we do, I would say those are new majors by virtue of the massive prize pools.

MtG-Crash

where my information about slam

elmaxpoder13

Ok.

What about our boy slam

felipecalderon1

Viper won kotd4

wise___turtle

Poor Slam 11
    But this does a good job showing Viper, Viper, Viper everywhere to the (frankly) many people who don’t realize how dominating he has been.

Would’ve been boring if he wasn’t such an absolute gentleman and showman.

I remember watching him for the first time in 2016 and not quite believing just how much better than me he was.

I used to think I was pretty good but quickly realized it was just ‘good’ in my ant’s nest while there is a universe out there ruled by a God.

These days the fierce competition makes it all at least as exciting as those first Twitch days though.

Love this game, love this community.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader