Nearly Impossible to Find a Decent Ranked Game on Console

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The title basically sums it up – I bought a Series S console specifically to play Age of Empires 2 on it, and I was really excited.

However, after playing loads of ranked games and waiting a long time to find opponents, I’ve come to the conclusion that there simply aren’t enough players on the console version for a satisfying ranked play experience.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

donpororoca

If you enabled cross play your ELO would end up normalizing, so that you’d end up getting games of similar quality, without the really long queue times. “A decent ranked game” is a game between people of roughly similar skill, so I don’t really see the relevance of using a controller vs using mouse and keyboard.

paxc151

I haven’t had the same waiting experience but yeah, some games are pretty unbalanced but the first 10 games are placement matches.

Afterwards, you get matched with equal elo players.

I search only for controller games and occassionally i’ll wait 10min+ but it’s usually a 2-5min wait for me.

Donric_Formcioti

Is it not cross play?

WIMM0

This post is more about my experience playing team games and also applies equally to 1v1s

349_

Beautiful

DurDaubs

Because most ranked team games is parties of 2/3/4.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader