Is AoE II (1999) still available anywhere?

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months ago by potatoReloaded.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have many fond memories with the old AoE II: Age of Kings and its expansions from when I was much younger.

I can’t seem to find anywhere that I can legitimately still get the game.

If anyone knows where I might be able to get it without piracy, please let me know.

Thank you!!!

RienJClyde

Any copies you’d be able to find of the original age of kings at this point would be second-hand, so none of the money would be going to MS anyway.

the HD edition is fairly close to the original version in terms of graphics, sound and music, though at that point you’d probably be better off just spending your money on the much better definitive edition.

whenwillthealtsstop

You *could* buy the HD version on Steam and play that as-is, or use [this converter tool](https://github.com/gregstein/HD-To-TC) to make it run in the original engine with original graphics.

But really, just get Definitive Edition.

It in includes everything and more and there’s basically no reason to play the older versions.

Assured_Observer

Just get the Definitive Edition.

taylormadevideos

There is an ‘original music’ mod in DE.

And the original campaigns are 95% the same

rpgjenkins

Don’t be fooled into getting AOE4.

Best experience by far is Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition

raiffuvar

Save your eyes and buy DE.

potatoReloaded

I have it and the Conquerors, but unless you want them for a very specific reason, you might as well get the DE.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader