What to Expect in My First Ranked Matches as a New Player Who Has Only Beaten Extreme AI in 1v1 and What Would My Elo Be?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    blackwaaltz

1kish depending on how you beat the ai

teacher_ryan

One big piece of advice is that while the extreme ai is probably like 1000-1100 elo, humans and AI don’t play the same way.

We make different types of mistakes, deploy units differently, and react differently to pressure.

You have the skills, just be ready to use them in new situations.

DarkXcution

Since u start at 1000 be ready to get Persian douched …it’s hard for players in this elo to counter this

steploday

That sneak black forest shit

TransportationOk5941

FWIW I can barely handle the AI on Hard and I play ranked, so if you’re fine on Extreme you’re also definitely gonna do fine in ranked.

People are right though, you’ll quickly find players do some things very differently from the AI.

NWRA

First of, nice one in giving the ladder a go.

The first ten matches are placement games to ascertain your ability.

You’d expect at least to lose some of these, if not the majority.

As long as you aren’t beating the AI by cheesy strategies or exploiting the AI’s well known vulnerabilities, then if you’re beating Extreme then you’ll at least be competitive in some games.

You’ll be fine.

Glhf

29Rogans

well you can play 1vs2 extreme ai if u still scared

zaly_gazsi

The advice I can give you is to be ready to not win every game you play.

Usually everyone stabilises at a 50 % +/-2% win rate.

It depends how your placement matches go.

Eventually you will get to your level and get competitive matches.

Denikin_Tsar

beating extreme AI is quite a feat and I think based on what people are saying you can probably easily reach 1100 ELO.

However, be warned that you might quite frequently in your first games just because you might be surprised by some of the things players will do that the AI will not.

Give it a go, it’s much more fun!

kops212

I used to be super stressed whenever I tried ranked, and would always prefer to play against AI.

A year later, I don’t feel a thing, playing ranked is as neutral stress-wise than playing against AI.

AND, the undeniable plus is that my games are always quite even as I match with people close to my level, and I get to play against much more interesting strategies.

I highly recommend just setting aside one weekend and forcing yourself to just play ranked games, however uncomfortable it might feel st first.

You’ll get used to it really fast.

Achilles_75_

What exactly do you beat the extreme AI?

What strategy and what map

Danda2263

You will win your first game.

estDivisionChamps

Brother you’re going to start winning pretty quick.

Extreme AI is slightly above average all though the skill set is rather different and the types of games are different.

But if you can beat the extreme AI without cheesing jumping onto the ladder will be great.

You will find your level immediately and your first few games should be fairly competitive assuming it’s Arabia.

bbsuccess

Just do it.

What the fuck are you scared of?

It”s a fucking game and it’s how you are meant to play it.

Just queue up in ranked and start fucking playing the game.

It’s not going to end your life.

Just click the two fucking buttons and start playing.

You will find out in 5minutes what to expect in your first ranked matches.

Whether you win or lose it doesn’t matter.

It’s a fucking game.

Just play.

It’s simple mate.

The_Only_Squid

[https://www.aoe2insights.com/user/470342/](https://www.aoe2insights.com/user/470342/)

​

This is my ranked profile, I had the same fear of you but i had it because i could not beat hardest AI at the time.

The most important lesson i learnt from playing ranked was players make mistakes AI do not.

Example: lets say you go forward with some archers you could spend 5 minutes hyper focused on those 3 archers forget to make more vils and more archers and the opponent all the while has kept up villager production.

This happens a lot at the 1000s i found out after my own first 20 games.

I surrendered a few games where i am like GG his eco is gonna destroy mine only to realize i am up 6-10 vils because he stopped producing my opponent was only focused on attacking.

All in all the lesson i learnt is watching your own games back will help you better identify situations in the future.

Personally for me i felt like crap for my first like 12 games but after that i gained more confidence and when i also identified that my opponents are in-fact humans and they make mistakes you realize ohh this is not so bad i just gotta improve on my own game at my own pace. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader