What is the Reason for Fortified Clearing Not Being in the Map Pool (to My Knowledge)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The new game mode seems quite enjoyable, reminiscent of arena with additional variety and more opportunities for feudal warfare.

I am perplexed as to why game developers continue to include Hideout, which often results in dull and uneventful matches, instead of FC.

As demonstrated in previous tournaments such as TTL and HAC, FC opens up more strategic possibilities as you can attack your adversary from three sides instead of two during the castle age.

Raszamatasz

I dont disagree with the idea that it would be really cool to have some of the tournament maps we see in the general game, but there’s a couple hurdles you might want to keep in mind.

For a map to be in the ranked pool, it needs to be an official map, in the general map list.

That means the map needs to be able to generate correctly for anywhere from 1-8 players, on sizes tiny through ludaKRIS.

It needs to be able to consistently generate teams together if that option is selected, or randomly if it isn’t, and to be able to handle teams that aren’t evenly balanced or distributed.

Then, maps need to be able to generate correctly for all of the above while *also* accommodating all the different game types.

Regicide, King of the Hill, Empire Wars, etc.

Tournament maps, like Fortified Clearing that you mentioned, are typically only scripted for 1v1, which means Microsoft would have to make any modifications necessary to make sure it works in all the additional settings.

Which like, don’t get me wrong.

I think it’d be really cool if they did.

But it’s not as simple saying “hey, that’s a cool map” and adding it to the game.

ibelieveicanuser

I too would love to see that one in the map pool!

Pretty Please devs? 🙂

kazosk

I’d love houseboat but we can’t have everything

da_m_n_aoe

The map doesn’t even exist as an official DE map to begin with.

Don’t ask me why.

Apparently the devs prefer crap maps like hillfort 11

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader