What Is the Popularity of Black Forest Like in Comp?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m not much of a ladder player and mostly stick to playing Overwatch competitively online.

However, when I do play Age of Empires, I tend to stick to Skirmish against the computer and campaign modes.

From what I’ve seen on this subreddit, it seems that the map Arabia is the most popular.

Because of this, I sometimes choose to play on Arabia to improve my skills.

However, my personal favorite map is Black Forest because it allows me to focus more on defense and resource gathering rather than immediately building up an army.

Additionally, I prefer the aesthetic of a more verdant map rather than the desert terrain of Arabia.

notnorther

Really unpopular 1v1 map, but very popular in team game setting.

Competitively it uses the rage forest script, which attempts to make the pond generations more fair.

Snizl

Black forest is a pretty boring 1v1 map.

Arena and Hideout are more popluar defensive maps for 1v1.

Black forest is a very popular teamgame map though and imo way more interesting than arabia.

BattleshipVeneto

if it’s rage forest, i can consider playing it.

if regular bf, with unfair map gen of ponds, relics, neutral gold, boar…..

insta ban

Blocklies

Black forest is TBH unfun for me, the map pulls me in multiple directions, is it a boom to imp map?

A feudal rushing map?

Like just pick one.

Also if the map is played as intended it’s also just boring, like I lost because my opponent was bohemians but I was khmer?

So fun!

Sorry for the rant.

MassProducedRagnar

It’s a water map without docks.

It’s more or less just “castle in the center” and then grind until one side dies.

If you like booming and grinding, it’s great.

Most people don’t like it.

JimothyJazz

more and more I’ve been preferring megarandom because you can’t bring in canned strategy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader