Vinchester Competes at NAC 4

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Currently, I am watching Yo vs Vinch at NAC4 with some friends.

We were discussing Vinch’s situation for this event.

We wonder if there is an official statement that Vinch is playing with the white flag.

It’s great to see Vinch, Nili, and the event team making a political statement this way.

However, we are concerned if Vinch will face any difficulties in Russia.

Additionally, we are curious about how Vinch will receive the prize money.

EveryPassage

Not sure about official statement but for the last several years it’s been common for Russian athletes to play under a non-Russian flag in sports due to a doping program they were running.

So I don’t think this is really that out of the norm and would cause Vinch issues.

Getting paid may be an issue but I doubt they will reveal details about payment.

lp_kalubec

Comparing NAC 4 (or any AoE tournament) to other big sports events doesn’t make a lot of sense.

People who participate in events like the Olympics are the official representatives of their countries.

By representing their country, they are silently giving support to whatever their country does.

This doesn’t apply to the NAC 4 situation where Vinchester is just an individual representing nothing else than himself.

Flags next to players’ names play just an informative role.

Despite that, Vinchester decided not to include the Russian flag so that it’s clear that he doesn’t support Russia.

FontOfBadIdeas11

I may be totally wrong on this, but if Vinch — a russian man of fighting age — has managed to get himself outside the country right now, I imagine he might have limited desire to go back to Russia the way the things currently are.

But ofc I don’t have any real insight into his situation.

And I agree (in my ignorance) with what others have said — AOE2 is not such a large e-sport to warrant intense scrutiny, the players aren’t really representing their home nations, and Russia at this point is used to foreign competitions forcing their players to play under a different flag.

So not only would the Russian authorities probably not care / notice in the first place, but he would have plausible deniability that the tournament organizers forced him to do that if he wanted to participate, and it wasn’t his choice.

cramr

MembTV posted pictures with him on January.

He said he was visiting him.

If he is travelling around Europe “freely” I would say he is not currently living in Russia?

Is that a wild guess?

Probably moved somewhere.

supervoegli

the thing about the prize money i dont understand either.

can you just paypal a thousand € to a russian account?

and will he be able to use that money?

Educational_Goal_940

For the prize money, there are ways.

I believe you can still process some payment through Gazprombank…

Alternatively, crytocurrencies?

[deleted]

[removed]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader