Streak of Losses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

As a new player, I started watching S-Tier tournaments in the summer of 2022 and I am familiar with the game as I have been watching SoTL since 2020.

My first experience with ranked games was easy as I smoothly progressed and even hit 1300 elo.

However, I recently experienced a losing streak of around 15-20 games, losing to absurd matchups.

I also struggle with tilting and typing negative comments after losses.

Additionally, I am frustrated with players who only pick one civ and execute the same build order every game.

I have trouble countering players who spam a large number of fully upgraded knights while having better eco than me.

Pro players play differently from the 1200-1300 elo players, creating castles and reaching imperial age faster, even with weaker economy.

I am struggling with stopping infinite castle pushing despite building full walls.

I am considering changing my playstyle or main civs (I previously played as Chinese, Khmer, and Hindustanis).

Any advice would be appreciated.

DukeCanada

You’re out of line.

Saying “say gg to corpses of your parents” is fucking absurd.

aoe_i_think

>After almost every loss I wasn’t typing “gg”, or even worse, I was typing smth like “say gg to corpses of your parents” or some other stupid stuff.

What in the fuck, it sounds like you need some time off of competition if you’re hitting send on shit like this.

You got some anger issues man

Sulz_mania

If someone picks civ every game then that is part of their elo, should be just as hard a game as anyone else you play 11

Also you’re a lot worse than you seem to think you are

Cultural_Parfait7866

You shouldn’t be that triggered by a loss that you tell people stuff like that.

Get your anger issues under control and you might have a better time win or lose.

We all eat some L’s no matter elo.

Some people are just better at the game than you or had things go in their favor.

Comprehensive-Sort92

Dead parents comment over a computer game?

Issue is in the mirror my man

Anarch33

your mindset is why you’re losing; grow up

hanistor61

Your third point is the most interesting and probably the easiest to address.

More experienced players, even at 12-13xx are going to have a much better feel for the game than you and their timings are going to better than yours.

When to attack and when not to, when to boom and when to stop vil production to age up, when is the time to castle drop and when to play defensive.

You may know all the strats and fundamentals in your mind, but without the experience to execute you are going to be outmatched.

On the bright side it looks like once you have that experience you will make a big leap.

So keep pushing.

There is nothing wrong with not gging after your match, but being mean is uncalled for and frankly wasted energy on your part.

Just queue up again.

LibraryUnhappy697

It’s a game, who cares if you lose.

Every single time you lose you got outplayed, regardless of whether or not you think you played better.

I highly doubt you ever made it past 1000 ELO if you don’t know how to deal with 20 pop scouts and are getting beaten to imperial age against an opponent who has multiple castles.

Build walls, if your opponent walls then good job, you will beat him to castle age.

If your opponent doesn’t wall then just attack him back.

You are too low ELO to probably play Chinese.

They are really only good in the hands of the best players.

HikingAccountant

“How it is possible to outproduce someone, if I’m a fast player, producing cheaper units, yet they still have more units than me.”

They are faster and better than you, and it’s okay to realize that (it seems you have a hard time acknowledging this).

Once you find what they’re doing to outproduce you, then your gameplay will improve.

Schierke7

Type into Google “how to stop being a bad loser”.

When you are on tilt, don’t play.

Taking a break and coming back will be better.

Go outside and refuel on some food.

Strive to make the community better.

You are typing that stuff because you lack emotional control.

You need to think about the other guy who is also sitter there enjoy this beautiful game.

No one want to read that stuff.

baalbaal10

Relax, take a break, clear your mind, ho for a run, queue up again:-P

TheConqueror753

For the first 10 games, you game/lose much more elo than you do later.

So if you picked up the game for the first time, fluked 10 wins (especially against other new people), and then hit an elo that’s well above your actual level, it makes sense for you to get a massive loss streak.

ggil050

If you really want to know how they beat you just save the replay and watch from their perspective, I’m barely hitting 1200 on Xbox but I’ve learned a ton of strategies like that.

Try it

anirudh51

Losing streaks happen.

It happens to me as well, I win 10 games and gain 100 Elo and then lose 10 again and lose that Elo.

While some things are random, for example, for one day you consistently got maps that you play better on, some days you don’t.

But the major reason is mindset.

When you are winning you are confident and you execute your plan, but when you are tilted you are trying to counter what the other player will do or worse too afraid to even move out with your army etc.

As others said , take a break, do something else and then get back to the game.

And those comments are really mean, it is just a video game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader