Strategies for Defeating Large Groups of Heavy Scorps as a Meso Civilizations

• This topic has 24 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Loxodontox.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I recently played a game as the Mayans against the Teutons on the map Arabia.

I started by rushing with Archers, while my opponent went with Scouts.

I dealt some good damage before the game transitioned into the Castle Age, where my opponent made Knights and Elite Skirmishers.

To counter, I used Crossbows, Monks, and Eagle Warriors, which were successful in wiping out his army and pushing him back.

The game eventually progressed to the Imperial Age and I had a good army of Arbs, El Dorado Elite Eagle Warriors, and Trebuchets.

However, my opponent surprised me with 30 Heavy Scorps, which destroyed my entire army and even my base.

As a Meso civ, I didn’t have access to Bombard Cannons or Hand Cannoneers, which could have been counters to the Scorps.

Therefore, I am now seeking advice on how to counter such a massive number of Heavy Scorps when playing as a Meso civ.

Parrotparser7

If you’re Aztecs, use Monks.

If you’re Incas, use Monks.

If you’re Mayan, get your HBs, your FBs, and your OLs ready.

The last thing you want is a sack, so you keep your QB free, cover your RB, and run in with a V-formation, kill all the Scorpions you can, and hope to get a 1st down in his eco.

Loxodontox

Onager

Tarsal26

Thing with scorpions is you can’t trickle your army in because range and you can’t hit in one go because aoe.

What you need to do is get most of your army to attack at the same time BUT FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES.

That way you get much less splash damage.

Eagle warriors have high pierce armor and bonus vs siege so they work great.

Onagers also work great, castles stop scorp progress, trebs can snipe scorps, and scorpions have low mobility.

Loxodontox

Siege, towers etc.

you can also use rams against them… but I mean that is a bit tricky

SafeExpress3210

That’s funny i just got scorpion raided by a celts player yesterday as mayans.

I massed eagles and heavy scorpions of my own!

Keys it to spread the eagles and attack from as many angles as possible.

Then even a smaller amount of scorps is great against mass scorps especially if they’re bunched up

Crime_Dawg

You could try pushing your advantage next time….

rbnbadri

How many siege rams are in this scenario, according to you…

Motor_Prudent

Onager

afanofmanythings1985

You should have sent your eagles raiding his eco

feloniousjunk1743

Onagers.

He can counter them with BBC but only imperfectly.

Redemption monks with block printing can convert scorpions too.

Ok_Egg4018

I used to only play 4v4 arena where deathballs are king (before the rush meta of the past year).

The two strongest death balls I found were Ethiopian scorpions and Teuton scorpions with their respective bbc.

There is a reason why scorps are so feeble, if they weren’t they’d be op.

Only unit that can essentially one shot massive armies.

The only things that would ever challenge this were:

Coustillier (one shot scorps with their bonuses)

Mass Frank Paladin (so much pierce armor and hp)
    With Teutons though you can add infantry and the Palas fail too.

Siege ram.

Idk where people are getting that rams don’t counter scorps.

They probably sent 5 rams in…that’s like saying halbs don’t counter cavalier because you lost sending 5 halbs into an army of 30 cavalier.

If you send 15 siege rams in, the scorps die unless they are protected by a decent mass of infantry/cav.

The other thing like people are saying, deathballs are king on arena, they are slow on arabia, so raid with el dorado eagles.

UAForever21

The answer to a few such questions is to ensure they don’t reach that stage in the first place.

All 3 Meso Civs are designed to be incredible powerhouses until Early-Mid Imp after which their lack of Hussars punishes them in trash wars and lack of gold.

Eagles are a great troop and all that, but my advice would be that you better go archers and crossbows(+mangonel if you can) early game.

Based on what the opponent makes you tech switch into Eagles or Kamayuks or whatever else later on.

If your early game comp could give you some sort of a higher ground, then I’d say start an annoying eagle spam, it’s basically a Hussar Spam but stronger cause they don’t die to Pikes, and only die to heavy cav and Champion Line.

So technically Eagles + Pikes should handle most castle age chaos along with a few rams perhaps or mangonel, but idk rams work better with melee troops for me.

Meso Civs shine the most in Team Games as well thanks to these awesome bonuses and the spike they have throughout.

I remember once an Aztec guy’s Eagle rush was so strong it forced me to go Champions, and since he did it so well, he actually unleashed Jaguar Warriors against me xD.

flightlessbirdi

Onager, eagles in loose formation.

Exe0n

Onager flattens scorpions, though Teutons have bombard cannons so that’s a risky move.

That said Eagles are pretty decent against them, high pierce armor, speed and bonus damage against siege.

Formations are key here, if you go in in straight line you will die hard, if you spear and use a staggered formation you can minimize the damage.

Lastly, 30 scorpions don’t just magically appear.

As a mezo civ, finish the game quickly as you don’t want to be in a trash war.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader