Scorpions Should Receive Increased Range

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Koala_eiO

Yes please.

It’s not ok that a castle age **mangonel** can one-shot heavy scorpions.

King_Jon

I don’t agree with balance changes being made by Reddit committee, but I think it is obvious that +1 range for Heavy Scorpions would not affect balance significantly.

If you need any evidence to prove this point, just look at the Khmer team bonus (giving +1 range to all teammates’ scorpions). “*Pairing that civ’s scorpions with the Khmer team bonus is OP*” **said no one ever**.

Xhaer

Heavy scorpions get another point of pierce armor and 10 HP when upgraded, so FU arbs go from killing them in 20 hits to 50.

I wouldn’t mind a range buff, and I believe the cost of the Heavy Scorpion upgrade is too high compared to the other upgrades in the game. +10 HP and +1 pierce armor on an immobile unit for 2100 res?

You could buy Cavalier, Hussar, and Two-Handed Swordsmen upgrades for that.

Luki63

It’d be cool if they give scorpions an attack ground command.

Could help out early castle age engagements vs xbow.

Ram08

I think the most deserving buff for Heavy Scorpions is a reduction to their upgrade cost.

This would make them much more desired while not breaking them.

I feel like the upgrade cost is way too much.

halfajack

I’d honestly rather do a hefty discount on the upgrade before buffing the unit.

It’s just far too expensive especially given that you also really want siege engineers for 1100 resources and chemistry for another 500

medievalrevival

I’m actually for this change.

One of the few that seems valid.

Manovsteele

I’d agree with this.

Think they also need a huge price decrease too.

Siege Ram is a far better upgrade and costs over 1000 resources less…

warassasin

I agree, and think it’s fairly non-controversial to give them 1 extra range.

Expensive upgrade that gives them more of a niche where you can buy to mix in the trash or defend against archers while relying on more mobile units to attack.

You could also give them an extra pierce armor or two instead so they keep up with mass arbs more easily.

contemporaryAmerica

I do think scorpions need a general buff (with then maybe a nerf for Khmer).

Pretty useless unit…

Former_Star1081

Imagin them costing food and wood instead of gold, making them the trash siege unit.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader