Having Fun Choosing the Same Civ on Nomad Every Time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I enjoy playing Nomad mode because of its unpredictable and disordered gameplay, but I dislike the fact that each game seems to have a predictable set of civilizations, including Spanish, Persians, Koreans, Dravidians, Malians, and Lithuanians.

Usually, I prefer to select random civilizations in every game, but in Nomad, I am compelled to choose the same civ as my opponent, or it becomes an automatic win for the other team.

Koala_eiO

Do you pick “random” as a civ or do you enable random with the little shield widget?

csgonemes1s

Rotating between the top civs is fine.

We do that on Arabia as well tbf

Itzfitz84

Look at it like this: you random into huns (or any throwaway nomad civ) and are up against a Spanish player next to you.

You really having fun bringing a knife to that gunfight?

milkkan

What if I picked random but got Spanish? 7.

__Astyanax

New to the game , why are Koreans good on that map ?

supervoegli

if a map has only a small number of competitive civs, its a trash map…

Yourpersonalpilot

I play tg with 3 players who are not as good as me and we need to pick to have a chance because the average team is too good

Blocklies

Yes.

Less loses to spanish=happiness

Exe0n

If you take random on nomad you may or may not get Huns, which you just don’t want imo.

If you are picking something you might as well pick a strong civ.

Nomad needs a balance update imo, the same handfull of civs are dominating it, and a tweak to some civ bonuses stating they work after you have built a TC would balance a lot of things out.

We could even go as far as not allowing any buildings/bonuses before the TC is built, but this would turn the entire Nomad meta upside down.

iswerimnotblind

yes

TheConqueror753

I absolutely suck at nomad, and I love Conquistadors, so yes, yes I am.

Otsko

There’s a lot of insecure players in the AoE community who tie their self-worth to their ELO and can’t stand being on a level playing field so they always choose the most OP civs for specific maps.

This also consistently happens on four lakes, african clearing and land nomad as well where there are clear OP civs which the same people always pick

Nomad_1262

I try to avoid picking civs at all but it’s unfortunate that with DE you have civ pickers for everything.

Ideally you go for a counter pick since it’s pretty obvious what most people are going to try to force.

Inevitable-Dog-7971

I was thinking if disabling all the civ bonus before having the TC up would make a difference in the civ ranking for nomad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader