Dravidians M@a into archers attack or skirm defense seems to work great in 1.1k+

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months ago by WastelandMedic93.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

After the Hera vs Viper trend regarding Dravidians, I started picking Dravidians.

After failing miserably with straight archer build, I am started using m@a into archers or skirm .

This seems to work great in my elo range.

Opponents are never fully walled by the time m@a reach their base.

Even if they are walled archers help with easily breaking in and causing damage.

This lead generally snowballs into a victory.

Scout skirm seem harder to deal with initially.

Then I started retreating and full Walling moment I scout the sc or skirm coming.

Couple of spears to defend against SC helps me with Wallin up.

If opponent goes skirm I am generally faster to castle and couple of mangos help deal with the skirm.

I try to rush through castle and fight in imp with canon and urumi.

Overall Dravidians are quite nice to play with.

Cheap siege helps a ton.

Btw can’t believe I won the following game after a million mistakes.

Any advice or feed back on this game would be great.

#aoe2insights, #ageofempires https://www.aoe2insights.com/match/260556713/

StrictInsurance160

Any m@a into archers works great at 1.1k

Umdeuter

Yeah men at arms are good.

Have been the standard opening even on pro level for years and is even more effective on lower level.

TsrLight

They are weak in castle, people have a tendency of playing double trash vs knight skirm.

It became a uphill battle of trading mangonels on defense with all the heat in your base.

Early game they play similar to japanese

BrilliantAdvantage45

I did manage a kill

Lettuce2025

Well done on the wins, I used to play MAA trush a lot, but you reach a hard wall where suddenly fast archers just beat MAA too consistently, and the massive investment on MAA just isnt worth it

Wrt to your match, firstly it’s always funny that players don’t think their opponent is making mistakes as well.

Did you look at the stat differences between you two?

Opponent has played malians like 8 times, and mainly played other cav civs and has a 40% WR in the late game.

Conversely your WR goes up with time and you predominantly play archer civs, with 100 matches as drav.

MAA opening counters scrush(opponents opening), just like fast archers counters MAA.

Yes obviously there’s factors in the match itself but even statistically you can see how these things can influence a match.

WastelandMedic93

You just played me lol.

I wad japanese.

Went straight range and forgot to wall the open side of my gold.

Tried to delete the other small wall and instead deleted a vil and insta resigned.

Watch the rec 11

WastelandMedic93

You just played me lol.

I was japanese.

Went straight range and forgot to wall the open side of my gold.

Tried to delete the other small wall and instead deleted a vil and insta resigned.

Watch the rec 11

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader