Can Military Building and Blacksmith Upgrades Impact Unique Units?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Greetings everyone!

I have recently become deeply invested in playing aoe2 de and I am currently focused on developing my gaming strategies.

I am specifically playing as the Poles and I have a query concerning my unique Obuch unit.

I would like to know if the unit can benefit from upgrades such as squires or arson available in the infantry building, or if blacksmith infantry upgrades also impact its performance.

Alternatively, is it only the Elite Obuch upgrade in castles that can enhance their abilities?

Thank you for your help!

m05513

Specifically:

If it says “infantry” (e.g.

arson) it affects all infantry including unique units.

If it says “Barracks” (e.g.

Malian pierce armor bonus) unique units are excluded

If it says [unit name] (e.g.

supplies) it affects only that unit and its upgraded versions (supplies is militia, man at arms, longswordsman, two handed swordsman, champion)

Gilfaethy

Any upgrades that apply to infantry in general apply.

Blacksmith techs are crucial for basically all infantry/archer/cav units.

ponuno

You can read in-game description of units what buildings upgrades them

SilentBumblebee3225

[Here](https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Obuch) are all information about obuch including all updates that possibly affect him

total_score2

Yep, gets bsmith upgrades and barracks upgrades, just like another infantry unit.

Some UUs are weird though, like some get siege upgrades, some get cav upgrades, some get infantry upgrades, some get gunpowder upgrades, some get archer upgrades and arambai get flaming darts from chemistry but don’t get +1 damage from it.

nilluminator

Also, aoe2techtree.net will be your new friend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader