AoE2 DE or AoE4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I am considering starting to play this game, but I have a crucial question.

Should I go for Aoe2 or Aoe4?

Aoe2 caught my attention more because it has more civilizations and players, but I would like to know your opinion.

As for me, the graphical aspect is important.

Even though Aoe2 has a significant player base, I’m more attracted to Aoe4 because of its 3D graphics and interface.

However, I still believe that Aoe2 is a better game overall.

the_general_ike

The game that this subreddit is dedicated to is definitely better

Rugfiend

We may be biased here, but it’s for a reason – AoE2 DE is the clear winner, in every department I can think of (I even prefer the graphics – less flashy, but easier to see what’s happening)

menerell

Only a fool would recommend aoe4

Themos_

Depends what kinda game you are looking for.

For singleplayer I would recommend Aoe2 and for Multiplayer (especially 1vs1) Aoe4 as it’s more balanced and has more variety in match ups imo.

But they are very different games Aoe2 puts more emphasis on mirco where as Aoe4 is more heavy on decision making which might make it little easier for RTS beginners.

MorleyGames

Asking this in an aoe2 reddit will give you an overwhelming result of Aoe2.

Likewise if you posted in aoe4.

I played both, don’t play 4 anymore.

Civ mechanics are a bit ridiculous in 4

gflings

you can’t go wrong with aoe2 de.

on the other hand aoe4, given that they wanted it to be esport successful, failed pretty hard.

sometimes no updates for months which is unacceptable if they wish for it to be esport.

thedarkside_92

They are both good.

But your not going to get that response on a aoe2, forum there are a massive vocal group on this sub that love to shit on aoe4.

While I think 2 is overall a better game and also more affordable, what ive enjoyed from #4 has been the ranked ladder.

The game is easier to play in general then #2 and the relative skill level is much lower.

Aoe 2s ladder can be rough bc your playing against players who have been playing this game for 20 years

asupposeawould

Aoe 2 is were it’s at lol

hurleyburley_23

Pretty sure the memes are better over here so it’s hardly a choice at that point.

ordinary-guy-wpg

Go aoe2 for sure, great player base and going strong even after 20 years tells u something

Koala_eiO

AoE2 does look better than AoE4.

ThirdCheese

If the graphics are that important to you, just go for AoE4.

AoE2 is the bigger game for a reason, but AoE4 is (at least in my opinion) beautiful.

If you are going to play casually I would say go for AoE4.

That being said, AoE2 is dirty cheap.

You could easily buy the two.

ProductArizona

Unless you have nostalgia attached, AoE4 is the absolute clear winner here, almost better in every way

Incomplete_Artist

I like that aoe2 civs are more similar, it makes them easier to understand and compare

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader