AoE2 Civilization Idea: Serbians

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Loxodontox.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have been testing this civilization for a while, taking inspiration from Mantis YT channel and making some balance changes based on field testing.

The Serbs are a fitting addition to AoE2 as they are present in many Middle Ages maps and offer good campaign options.

This is a Monk & Siege civilization, with miners camps and mining upgrades being 75% cheaper, and military upgrades 25% cheaper.

The unique unit is the Vlastela, a Cataphract Mounted Crossbowman, costing 75 wood and 60 gold.

The Serbs have access to Petards at the Siege Workshop and the Monks regenerate faith 33% faster.

The unique technologies for the Serbs are Vanguard (infantry +1 range) and Stecci Tombs (monasteries work 100% faster, including relic production).

Their team bonus is that mills, lumber camps, and mining camps have +5 head space.

The Serbs have a tech tree that includes Squires, Eagles-line, Arbs, Husbandry, Camel, Ele, SL-lines, BBC, Architecture, BBT, Arrow Slit, Treadmill crane, and Crop rotations.

In the early game, the Serbs focus on cheap mining camps that can also act as houses for easy access to mining.

Their military upgrades discount helps with MAA rush or earlier bloodlines, and becomes more useful in Imp with discounted Hussars, HCA, Paladin, SO, etc.

The Serbs have a slow, but strong army, with great Monk rush capability and unique use of petards.

Vanguard infantry will be top-tier, backed by fully upgraded siege line, and lacking only on BBC.

With Stecci Tombs UT from Monastery, relics generate double gold, which pairs well with their ability to generate powerful gold options.

The Vlastela (Elite) has an HP of 65 (75), an attack of 7 (8), a range of 4 (4), an armor of 1/0p (2/0p), a speed of 1.3 (1.3), ROF of 2.25 (2.25), 50% accuracy, and a creation time of 18 seconds.

They have a +12 anti-cav armor (+16), and a bonus of +3 vs infantry (+4 vs infantry).

They are affected by Thumb-ring and Parthian Tactics, are strong vs infantry and camels, and weak vs Skirms and Monks.

They are a slow, tanky version of the Magudai, with slightly lower DPS but strong defensive capabilities that can cut through infantry.

Ischoo

You did mention it at the start but since you drew inspiration from MantisAoE you should link the channel or video.

It can be found [here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjzOPh0hgXQ).

So the mining camp cost 25W and gives 5 pop?

It has 6 LoS while houses has 2 and it has better armor so it would probably replace most houses and all outposts.

It takes a little longer to build but it seems strong.

I like the idea of petards at the workshop but it would probably still not be used.

Maybe combine it with a bonus for the unit?

Both UT seems very strong, Vanguards in particular.

It might be even better than Druzhina so it should be expensive and maybe as an Imperial tech instead of Castle.

It would also mean that halbs don’t enter skirmishers minimum range which would be interesting in trash fights.

Overall I like the design but I’m a bit surprised there was no bonus for the light cav since the original Hussars was from Serbia.

But I might be wrong on that fact.

Blocklies

Overview:

Bonuses:

I mean this works?

It is an ok wood/food bonus

Like all military upgrades to units?

You get paladins, all infantry aside from eagles, siege onagers and HCA so you’ll save a lot of resources.

To me this sounds like a really powerful tech switching bonus.

Nobody is using this

Wait how much faster is this?

TB: Half the Japanese bonus?

Make it only apply to mining camps

UU: Actually pretty interesting anti spear unit.

I like the resistance+bonus damage

Castle age UT: Reaaaaallllly good tech, better be expensive

Imperial age UT: Another great tech

Conclusion: The unit upgrade discount is a bit high but the civ seems balanced otherwise

Kekinjos

I like the idea and I think they really deserve a spot ingame.

Any way to propose it to official devs?

Loxodontox

Considering the SLAVS represent many different distinct groups… I’m certainly not opposed!

Loxodontox

Considering the SLAVS represent many different distinct groups… I’m certainly not opposed!

Expensive-Source-491

The civ is rather unimaginative, except petards and the UU.

I don’t like gimmicky civ bonuses like tatars, but everything else you have here is present in another civ in one form or another.

alpinetrooper

i think before adding serbia, the devs should maybe add EMPIRES to age of EMPIRES with any historical signicance..

so literally anything else.

Loxodontox

There is a Serbian custom campaign out now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
ajax-loader