In summary, here is the comprehensive list of new features and updates included in the Age of Empires 2 Update patch 78174, which was released on March 8th, 2023.
Please refer to Age of Empires 2 Patch Notes for the complete list of release notes.
Bug Fixes (AoE2 PC Version)
Stability & Performance
- Fixed crashes related to Empire Wars.
- Fixed an issue where units could pass through palisades/walls/buildings.
Bug Fixes (AoE2 XBOX Version)
Stability & Performance
- The game no longer crashes when pressing the town bell button after a town center was destroyed.
- The game no longer crashes when switching repeatedly between Xbox home and the game application.
- The game no longer crashes while viewing the map pool screen while in the Ranked menu.
- Addressed a crash that could occur while toggling cross-input matchmaking on or off.
- Fixed the find menu from opening when trying to navigate the cheats/quick taunt menu.
- Addressed UI issues around 3v3 and 4v4 matches and lobbies on Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X.
- Fixed issue where site-based command would not pick the closest unit.
- Increased the size of the enlarged mini-map by 1.75x to improve the readability of the mini-map from a distance. The enlarged mini-map is accessible on the Console UI by holding down the right bumper on your controller.
- Fixed an issue where the Find Buildings menu could pop up instead of the cheats menu when using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where villagers would not build foundations when queuing multiple building foundations with Villager Priorities enabled using a controller.
- Max zoom on console has increased from 1.25 to 3.
- In-game voice chat now has a toggle in the audio settings menu.
Civilization Balance (All Versions)
- Siege/Armored Elephant – HP reduced from 200 ▶ 180 / 250 ▶ 220
- Siege Elephant – Cavalry Armor increased from 8 ▶ 10, Elephant Armor increased from 18 ▶ 20, and Ram armor decreased from 2 ▶ 0
- Houfnice – upgrade cost increased from 950 food / 750 gold ▶ 1100 food / 800 gold
- Houfnice – blast radius decreased from 0.8 ▶ 0.7
- Economic upgrades discount reduced from 40% ▶ 33%
- Elite Chakram Throwers now deal the intended 1 bonus damage vs Condottieri
Corrected rounding errors in the bonus damage of some units:
- Hussar bonus vs Monks increased from 16 ▶ 17
- Camel Rider bonus vs Camels increased from 6 ▶ 7
- Heavy Camel Rider bonus vs Cavalry decreased from 26 ▶ 25
- Armored Elephant bonus vs Buildings increased from 97 ▶ 100
- Armored Elephant bonus vs Siege increased from 32 ▶ 33
- Genitour bonus vs Archers increased from 5 ▶ 6
- Elite Genitour bonus vs Archers increased from 6 ▶ 7
- Villagers cost discount reduced from 10/15/20/25% ▶ 5/10/15/20% in Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age
- Folwark – Instant food conversion decreased from 10% ▶ 8%